*** If you're interested in becoming a web developer, this course IS for you! ***
This course is the result of a web development job study I did and I ended up getting 12 interviews in 12 weeks. Yes, I'm serious. Of those 12, most of them offered me a job and in the end I was able to pick which company I wanted to work for.
The goal was to learn what skills companies are actually looking for, and I found those... and much much more. I found a formula for getting interviews quickly.
I even had The City (that I live in) interview me. Twice!
Update: I'll teach you how to bypass submitting a resume to strangers, and how to get an interview with your dream company.
This course goes over everything I did, in a simple step-by-step guide. You'll learn:
- To get the job!
- The secret way senior developers get job offers so quickly
- The hidden coding tool all developers use, but nobody talks about
- How to stop blindly submitting resumes and get a real interview
- How to work your way into your dream company
- How to land a job without submitting a single resume
- How to future proof yourself so you'll never be stuck without a job
- How to find what skills are ACTUALLY in demand in your city
- How to filter the noise and bad advice in Facebook groups
- The REAL truth about crazy job postings with insane qualifications
- The REAL skills you need to get a job as a web developer (hint: it's not necessarily coding)
- If you REALLY need a GitHub account and a portfolio website
- How to NOT get stuck on small things (hint: stop being a perfectionist, it's holding you back)
- How to find companies that are hiring in your city
- Why remote jobs are NOT as awesome as people think (this is a common trap people fall into)
- How to apply for your first job
- How to manage your first interview
- How to not be nervous in interviews
- How to manage your nervousness in interviews
- How to get TONNES of interviews. I got 12 interviews in 12 weeks.
- How to negotiate your salary and how to deal with the dreaded "how much money do you want?" question
- What companies are REALLY looking for (hint: it's not what you think)
- Can't get any interviews? There's a lesson on how to climb out of that hole
- Soft skills vs. technical skills -- which should you focus on?
- How to get a job by making friends
- What to do once you land your first web development job
- You'll also learn trips and tricks like:
- How to find fact vs. opinion online
- How to assess the market to find out what skills to focus on
- How to bypass submitting resumes
- How double your job hunting efforts without doubling your effort
This course is action-orientated. If you are willing to do the work, this course WILL work for you and get you a job soon.
All the techniques I'm teaching in this course I have actually used. There's no smoke or magic, and I'm not preaching without experience.
You will learn about some nasty truths about getting an interview in any industry and how to handle them. Don't get discouraged when somebody doesn't call you back.
But most importantly, you'll learn the secret to always having a job in web development. Actually, it's not a secret, it's just something nobody openly talks about.
If you're serious about getting a job as web developer then this course is definitely for you.
Here what you will not learn:
You will not learn how to code (that's up to you)
You will not learn how to spam companies with resumes (you'll learn how to bypass the resume-submission phase)
You will not learn how sell yourself for a job you end up hating
I personally got over 12 job offers using these techniques. I often get job offers from companies without even asking — they just offer a position to me... and I'd like that to happen to you.
There are so many web development jobs out there, it shouldn't be hard to get a job. But it is hard and that's because the world is NOISY. I'll teach you how to cut through the noise and make lasting imrpessions.
Real student feedback from the older version of this course:
"This class has helped me to improve my analysis of how the job market works. I wasn't able to focus on a subject or on an idea of how exactly pursue my dream of becoming a front end developer or a programmer in general. Kalob really helped to explain these different tactics and methods of how to approach the market. I thank you, and I will for certain share my success! Cheers!"
"I like the honesty and clarity of the instructor. He provides many great examples of how to follow through his recommended steps with action. I can't wait to get started doing my market research and landing my first full-time role!"
"Great tips for new Developers,highly recommend."
"Thank you so much for sharing your experience in this course. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to get a job in web development! You will get great advice and tips, the title speaks for itself: a very clear and complete step-by-step guide."
If this sounds good to you, I'd like to welcome you to my course and I'll see you inside.